Michael Schwanke Powerlifter in the US Air Force
and Sponsored by APT Pro Gear
13th of Oct 2007 I did the Tampa Barbell Invitational and
was meet champion recorded a 925 squat, 680 bench,
and a 745 deadlift for a 2350 total at 219.5 lbs
910 Squat at the Pro-Am.
755 Deadlift at the Aug 2007 Cincy Pro-Am Powerlifting Event
APT was a proud sponsor for Mike Schwanke and the actual event.
2007 AAPF Powerlifting Meet Tampa 661 Bench
2007 AAPF Powerlifting Meet Tampa 903 Squat
Mike Schwanke aka "Breaker" I have been in the military now for eleven years now, I had dual service time six being Army and four in the Air Force. I am currently a Satellite Systems Shift Supervisor and highly enjoy my job. Life for the last three years has been very fast paced for me and it seems that I am on the move. But I will admit it keeps things interesting and always presenting me with new interesting challenges. There are many things I enjoy in life, but top on my list is weight training / powerlifting. I truly appreciate the hell out of this sport and have meet and trained with some truly inspirational people. I have been extremely fortunate to have trained with many pro level lifters and also huge reason behind my own success. Currently I train at Tampa Barbell and it is by far the best barbell club I have trained with to date! We have a great group of guys there and they are all about promoting team success, not just individual! I also owe huge thanks to John Inzer of Inzer Advanced Designs and Alan Thomas of APT Pro Wrist Wraps for there support and faith in my abilities.
I compete in the 220lb & 242lb Class Full-Power, Bench and Push-Pull Events.
Best lifts Competition:
Competition Resume & Results:
- 06/06/99 Ft Bragg, NC. Base Bench Competition. - 380lbs Raw Bench in 181's - 2nd Place.
- 06/06/00 Ft Bragg, NC. Base Bench Competition. - 405lbs Raw Bench in 181's - 1st Place.
- 03/04/04 Western NC. Bench Press Championship - 460lbs Bench in 220's - 5th Place.
- 05/21/05 Charlotte, NC. YMCA RAW Championship - 500lbs Raw Bench in 242's - 1st Place.
- 06/15/05 Sanford, NC 100% Raw State Benchpress Championship - 450lbs Raw Bench in 242's 1st Place.
- 08/26/05 NGBB GA. APF State Championship - "Bombed Out" in Full-Power 242's "Valuable Lesson Learned".
- 12/17/05 Irmo, SC APF State Championship - 1940lbs Total in Full-Power 242's 2nd Place (Elite).
- 01/28/06 Clayton, NC APF State Championship - 2044.7lbs Total in Full-Power 242's 1st Place (Elite).
- 10/14/06 8th Army Powerlifting Championships - 2180lbs Total in Full-Power 220's & above 1st Place (Overall Meet Champion)
- 06/02/07 Callahan FL AAPF State Championships - 2270.7lbs Total in Full-Power 242's Guest Lifter (Elite).
- 08/20/07 IPA Cincinnati Powerstation Pro/Am - 2300lbs Total in Full-Power Pro 220's 1st Place (Elite).
- 10/13/07 Tampa Barbell Invitational Meet - 2350lbs Total in Full-Power 220's Meet Champion (Elite).
- 02/23/08/ Orlando Barbell Classic - 2355lbs Total in Full-Power Pro Division 220's 2nd Place (Elite).